I had a lot of fun at our holiday party this year. Generally it's Lindsay's party, but she was generous enough to share the title with Diane and me this year.
Despite having hardly any idea of who was coming (facebook replies were scarce), we ended up having just the right amount of space and just the right amount of food and drink. Possibly too much of drink, really, but there's always the next party to fuel.
I was so happy to see everyone who came, and especially grateful to those who took such time and trouble to get here. With so many people around, we didn't get the time together I wanted, but something is better than nothing, and at least there's the promise of more one-on-one in the near future.
These winter holidays are my favorite time, Thanksgiving turkey to Hanukkah latkes to Mom's birthday cake to Christmas stew, pudding, and steak to New Years cocktails. Hmmm, maybe it's actually all about the food.



I'm just reading this now. Thanks so much for letting us have the party at your place - it was perfect! We really need to get together more though since I haven't seen you since then :(
ReplyDeleteI completely agree! Maybe we can sneak in a get-together sometime before your late birthday party?
Delete