022111 cloud of words

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

bubble two

We walked down Mass Row, unchanged except for reinforced and more-visible chains blocking off road traffic, and went to Rocky/Silsby where Corey won round two of our knowing-people game.

The game spontaneously evolved starting when I recognized that Santa-Claus guy with the white tuft of hair on his forehead who was always around Collis, managing or just working the register. I didn't know his name, but he was a burst of familiarity that was very welcome after we peered into One Wheelock and found it terribly disappointing. Round one went to me: recognizing someone. Round two was knowing that person's name. For Corey that was Andrew Samwick, who walked out of Rocky just as we were entering.


Here's Corey posing with a picture of himself. In the picture he's presenting evidence for...something. I forget. I didn't have many memories of Silsby and Rocky...just Humanities lectures freshman year and the financial aid exit interview. I also found my bike outside Silsby junior year a few months after it had been stolen. Soon after that it was re-stolen and I never saw it again. Not to imply anything, of course.


We went to Baker next, and explored it more thoroughly than I ever had as a student. We went into those display rooms just off the entrance, which had all kinds of blueprints and pictures of the library and other buildings. The pictures and plans were from various times, and some of the blueprints had never been put into action.


There were a couple hilarious pictures of the Hop that are clearly from the 70s =)

No comments:

Post a Comment